I love how this blog post came in handy at the most perfect timing…Ramadan OR for the typical spring day – gloomy and rainy with the feeling of warmth and cuddling screaming your name. My favourite comfort food to have in this is definitely soup.
For those of you who celebrate, Ramadan Mubarak!
This recipe can be easily modified for those that are vegetarian or non-vegetarians, which is why it is so awesome!
- 1 tomato
- 1 one carrot
- 1 zucchinni
- 1 potato
- 1 cup of broccoli (optional)
- 1/2 cup of lentils (optional)
- 1 chicken breast (optional)
- 1/2 of a cinnamon stick
- 2 cardamoms
- 1 tablespoon of peanut butter/any nut butter
- 1 tablespoon of Vegeta seasoning (or any vegetable seasoning)
- 1 teaspoon of lemon & pepper seasoning
- 1 squeezed lemon/lime
- Place all of the vegetables, lentils, chicken breast, cinnamon stick, and cardamoms in a pot and add water to cover all the ingredients.
- Bring the water to a boil, then turn off the heat and the let the broth cool.
- Remove the cinnamon stick and cardamoms. Place all of the vegetable, lentils, chicken breast, water, and peanut butter into a blender and blend. (you may need to do this in a couple of intervals)
- Pour the mixture back into the pot. Stir in the Vegeta seasoning, lemon & pepper seasoning, and lemon/lime juice.
- Let the soup cook on low heat, cover and simmer for about 20 minutes.
- And bon appetite 🙂
This soup recipe is great for kids as well. My baby girl loves having this daily! The best part is that you can hide any vegetable in here and they’ll think it tastes amazing.
If you try this soup recipe, let me know what you think in the comments below!