I have been testing this recipe a couple of times to make sure it’s amazing before I share it with you. And believe me, once you get the hang of it, you’ll never stop making rice pudding ever! Btw, this recipe is super easy!
What you’ll need:
- 1 cup rice (of your choice)
- 2 cups water
- 4 cups milk (of your choice)
- 1/2 pouch of Dream Whip
- 6 tablespoons of sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon of vanilla
- Pinch of salt
- Topping of your choice (e.g. ground cinnamon, shredded coconut, nuts, or raisins)
Now, let’s get started:
- Place the water and the rice in a medium saucepan and bring to boil over high heat, stirring occasionally to avoid the rice from sticking the saucepan .
- Once the rice becomes soft and tender, mix in the the milk, Dream Whip, sugar, vanilla, salt and cook uncovered.
- Be sure to stir occasionally for about 20 minutes or until you get a creamy consistency.
- Once you’ve achieved the creamy consistently, lower the heat to bare simmer to ensure you have the final fluffiness – look for a rice pudding mixture versus a layer of milk on top of the mixture.
- Remove from the heat and pour your rice pudding into the desired bowl/dish.
- Sprinkle the topping of your choice on top.
- Once cool, you can put your rice pudding into the refrigerator.
And bon appétit!
Let me know what you think!